Monday, February 8, 2010

Christmas

We love Christmas! We love to decorate the house, give and receive presents, enjoy great food, and spend time with family and friends. Christmas has always been a special time for Michael and I, but with Harper it's even more precious. She really was fun this year! She finally understood who and what Santa Claus is, which made it more fun for us. Santa brought her all of the things she asked for, which really wasn't all that much (thankfully!). Michael and I really expected her to come out on Christmas Morning and get so excited about her gifts. She had just the opposite reaction! I was so disappointed...does she even care about her gifts that "Santa" drove all over Birmingham to find??? After some prodding she finally says, "Daddy, Santa forgot your tiger." Apparently when she found her huge lion, Michael said that maybe Santa could bring him the huge tiger...well she didn't forget! How sweet was it that her first thought was not of herself and all of her toys, but of another and what they didn't get? We quickly explained that Daddy was okay not getting the tiger and that she should go look at her presents. She finally began to explore her loot. She got tons of stuff for her new babies, a huge lion, several movies, and some games. This was a wonderful Christmas for us all!


Harper opening up some of her many gifts.



Santa's gifts
The huge lion goes against everything I've said...I'm not a fan of stuffed animals...but what do you do when your child loves them? Give-in!!

Our beautiful Christmas Tree
I love our house at Christmas, it's so pretty!




Santa's milk and cookies
Harper and Nana made the cookies. Harper drew a smiley face on the cup.



No comments: