So, I've have been told by loyal blog followers that I should write more...so here goes. Let me know what you think.

Over Spring Break we visited Michael's parents in Naples, Florida. We usually fly to Naples, but we decided that we would drive it this time...11 hours...I know, what were we thinking? We traveled at night, which made the trip surprisingly easy. Harper did great, she watched The Little Mermaid about 1,000 times and slept.
We arrived in Naples at 4:30...in the morning! Michael and I were tired from the drive, so Grammie and Sambo took Harper down to Fifth Avenue to do a little shopping and mingle with the beautiful people. They had lunch at Cheeburger, Cheeburger and found an alligator statue outside one of the stores. This alligator scared Harper so Sambo gave him a high-five and then stuck his head in this mouth. Harper loved this, she told everyone that Sambo high-fived the alligator and then stuck his head in his mouth (of course she opens her mouth wide to demonstrate).

The next day we went down to the beach. It was a little crowded but beautiful. Harper loved playing in the sand and COLD water. We then went back to the house to play in the pool. Harper loves the water, she would swim all day.
Sambo got her
swimmies for her arms so she could go anywhere with out us holding her. We couldn't get her to jump in the pool, but she would do just about anything else.
Grammie took Harper to the Naples Zoo. Harper of course had a great time. She loves animals. She also loves spending time with her
Grammie. Michael and I enjoyed relaxing by the pool...without the splashes of a two-year old. Later that afternoon, Sam, Michael, and I went and played golf. We all had fun and Michael got an Eagle on 18
th hole! Jane invited friends from work to meet all of us that night. They were very nice and brought Harper fun gifts.
Jane and Sam sent Michael and I to a nice dinner at Flemmings for Michael's birthday. We had a wonderful dinner. It was so great to be able to have dinner at a nice restaurant without having to chase Harper around.
We had a great time in Naples. Harper loved spending time with Grammie and Sambo. She has reached the age where it is much easier to travel and really enjoys herself. I know she can't wait to go back!
2 comments:
Sounds like a super fun trip! Glad she did well in the car, I can relate it takes us close to 8 hours to visit Matt's family. Ella LOVES "The Little Mermaid" too, we should get the girls together soon now that the weather is getting nice-it would be fun to see you!
What a big girl with those water wings!! she is just a little fish. I wish I could have seen her opening her mouth like Sam. That is hilarious. Glad your back!
Post a Comment